Saturday, July 11, 2009

A New Start

I'm sure many of you have been following our family on http://www.babymaverick.blogspot.com/. I am planning on keeping up that site, but primarily for the purpose of remembering Mav, raising awareness of congenital heart defects, and helping others work through the grief and the tasks that follow after losing a child. That blog, along with all your support has been a lifeline for me and has helped me get through the past ten months. I know some of you are curious about other aspects of my life, so I felt like I needed a new spot share those - out of respect for Mav's precious life. Here I will share some of my great deals, some great businesses to visit in our area, some of my favorite blog sites, other favorite things, my daily adventures and challenges with my family, and my journey to get back to where I need to be with God. I'd also like to have an area for prayer requests - you can send yours in and will have a community of people praying for you. I'll start nurse practitioner school in the fall, so I'll share my journey with that as well. I won't be working while going through school, so I'm sure I'll have some creative money-saving ideas along the way. Come along and enjoy the ride that is my life - there's never a dull moment.

Here's the first of my favorites - I love getting pedicures at Natural Nails (Shawnee Mall by Dillard's). It's a splurge, and I don't do it that often. This one is from a few weeks ago - just before I went into the hospital for my ASD closure. Their pedis seem to last forever - seriously. Just ask for "the sisters" and tell them I sent you. Maybe I'll get a free pedicure some day:) I love polka-dots. They also do really cute plaid designs.

Here's a close up of the dots in dots - a bit blurry. I know I don't have the cutest toes, but I like them better when they're painted. So fun for summer and flip-flops.


Check in tomorrow for some deals I'm going to take advantage of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment