Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good Secrets and Shirt Drawer Organization

It's been a while since I've posted. Sorry to keep you all hanging. These are some of my best secrets... There are many websites out there that match up current coupons with deals available at CVS and Walgreens or other stores. These are a couple of my favorites: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ and http://www.hip2save.blogspot.com/. There are links to many others on these. I will add this warning... Don't look at these sites until you have some time to spare because they become addictive! I'm serious, they can cause you to neglect your children the first time you get on them! It's crazy the deals that are available. I'm inspired by some of the people out there who can get by on a weekly grocery budget of $40 for a family of four. Maybe someday I'll be able to get to that point. I'm definitely not there yet.

Okay, so on to my coupon arrangement. You'll see after you look at the above sites why it's helpful to keep your coupons stapled together, however, I've found that this method doesn't help me at all when I go to the grocery store, so I've changed my ways. I got tired of going through all the fliers to see if there were any coupons I needed for groceries. I now have a binder that I keep the clipped coupons in under their category. I'll go into detail on that in a later post.

I think the best deals we've gotten this week were on peanut butter and spaghetti sauce. Walgreen's had a deal to buy 8 Unilever products and get $10 register rewards back. The products that were ones we use the most are peanut butter and spaghetti sauce, so we bought
four of each. They were advertised at $2.00 each. I had coupons from the 8/2 Sunday paper for 0. 40 off each Jiff peanut butter and had printed off coupons for $1/2 Ragu coupons. From the initial price of $16.00 we got $1.60 off for 4 Jiff coupons (I bought extra papers for all the inserts this week), and $2.00 off for Ragu. The total before tax was $12.40. I don't have my receipt right here and don't remember the grand total, but I received a $10.00 register reward back after buying these items. Can you believe it? It's like getting all that stuff for $2.40 plus tax. I love these kinds of deals! Today the deals at Walgreens got even better with a coupon released on their website for $5 off a $25 purchase good for today and tomorrow (this is the link http://http//www.walgreens.com/dmi/instorespecials/5off25.html?ec=hn1069s_mainimage). The $25 has to be after all manufacturer coupons, but click on Walgreens on hip 2 save's site for some scenarios. You can get an even better deal than I did.

This week I've been sorting through things around the house trying to get rid of clutter. We're going to have a garage sale in the next several weeks. Maddie and my friend Di have been helping. They are the organizing types. I'm not. Di showed us a cool way to arrange Carter's t-shirts in his drawer so he doesn't tear through all of them, leaving them strewn about the closet floor, to find the one he wants. Di should patent this arrangement - I love it.
I've shared some good stuff with you all, now it's your turn to tell me your tips and deals.

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment